From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 1994 07:47:00 UTC
Dr. Williams,

Thanks for your input on the safety of HCG. I still plan to look
into having one of my males vasectamized. I would think that would
be healthier than messing with the jill's hormone levels.

The woman who owned the ferret left a message on my son's answering
machine tonight, they want to come look for another ferret. We've
talked it over and are going to try to talk her into a neutered
ferret this time. And we also are going to try to convince her to
cage this ferret some of the time anyway. I realize that ferret's do
have a way of getting "lost" in your home from time to time, but I
try to keep up on all of my guys  hiding spots. Sharon, Sneaker's
mom, was going to bring her over to be bred  several months ago.
They finally called me a few hours later to tell me she was sleeping
somewhere and couldn't find her. I guess they finally got her the
shots instead since I hadn't heard from them again until now. I know
they loved their ferret but I think they have to realize that a
ferret is not a cat and caging them is for their own safety.

Also, one of my ferrets, a five year old sprite went in for surgery
today to have a fairly large tumor removed from her front paw. I
would like to have my vet send it in to be checked out.

Thanks for all your help. Although my vets are learning all they can
about ferrets It is nice to have someone so experienced to turn to
for advice.

Cindy Sooy