From:
Sheba Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 13:57:41 EST
I want to thank Jeanne for the clarification of CA rescues in her post.  I t
is true that CFL, CDFA and FA are not the only people who come into contact
with unwanted or for what ever reason, given up kids.  THERE ARE some who do
not choose to take the kids out of state for one reason or the other, and
like any other rescue/shelter operation throughout the world has a tendency
to get in a bind now and again.

Yes it is said it is illegal, but it was also stated in court documents that
the ferret was NEVER officially ('officially', being the operative word
here) made illegal to posses, F&G just made their own rules and added them
as wild.  So of course F&G has made them illegal to posses by that technical
ERROR.  So I ask how in the hell can you OFFICIALLY be held accountable
OFFICIALLY, when nothing is OFFICIAL anyway??  Someone out there with legal
experience, please answer that one for me.

Why is it so easy to get LASPCA to change a TECHNICAL errror and not F&G??
Isn't it about time for lawsuits up and down the state of California for
misrepresentation of an unoffially written statement, instead of wasting
more taxpayers money fighting officially something that is not official.

By the way I'm one of those who SCOFFS at unofficial LAWS, hence, scofflaws,
hehehehehehehehehe!!!!

***Disclaimer: In no way is this supposed to be interterpreted as a flame to
anyone who is a ferret lover or representative of ferrets.  If you do not
fall into this catagory, I suggest you get a ferret or be flamed.  HE HE!!***