From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2010 14:09:40 EST
Yesterday, after a few scheduled times being canceled due to weather
conditions and the flu bug, my husband's ashes were taken out to sea by
the US Coast Guard. After the death of my husband, our little grandson
Andrew asked where his grandpa was and I told him what would happen.
He said "Then I gotta put on a scuba suit to go see my grandpa?" And I
told him that was his body but he was really in Heaven..."Oh!" he said,
"I know Heaven! That's where all your dreams come true!" My husband's
dream was to spend all his days fishing so maybe Andrew is right.....

My little Carmine has decided to give up fighting insulinoma. As it
seems to go with the insulinoma kids she stopped eating and is curled
up in a hammock, resting her tired body. One of her cagemates Socks
(who came with Sammy...my first 2 ferrets) has been watching over her,
grooming her and giving her kisses. During the night Socks finally
gave up her vigil so I heated a Snuggle Safe to keep Carmine warm. If
I notice any distress or pain I will take her to the vet for a shot
but for now she is comfortable. She came to me as one of the "RV
park threesome" with Sydney who left for the Bridge a while ago and
Sweetheart who left after only being with me for a couple weeks. They
are the ones whose cage I could smell as I got out of the truck, from
across the street and all the way at the end of the driveway to a
small RV. The owner of the park and father to the young kid and his
girlfriend had told them to "get rid of the stinking ferrets". I did
take the cage back home (thankfully in the back of the truck) but
when the guy offered me the small bag of AttaCat, I declined.

My husband helped me with that rescue as he had many times before. He
was the one who first brought home 2 ferrets to me several years ago on
my birthday because he was "tired of taking me to visit the 2 ferrets
dumped at the feed store!". He had no idea what that act of kindness
would turn into!

Nancy, missing so many furkids and missing the big guy that went on his
last boat ride yesterday...hoping that "all their dreams come true"