From:
"J. Christen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 17:02:24 -0800
To all of you who were following this service back in November, you may
remember my first post where I described a really disturbing event at a
local pet store where I witnessed a poor fuzzie being abused right before my
eyes (I believe I titled the post Abusive Pet Store Clerk, back in
November).  I called on many of you to help by calling the pet store owner,
I reported the incident to the Clark County Animal Protection Service, and I
reported the incident to the Oregon Ferret Society.  I had hoped they would
just fire the abusive pet store clerk, but guess what?  The store is NO
LONGER SELLING FERRETS at all!

Late last month when I walked by the store (it's in the Vancouver Mall), I
noticed there were any ferrets.  I was so happy, but thought maybe they were
just out of them.  Then I walked by beginning of Feb and last week--still no
ferrets.  My heart starting filling with hope and I called the CCAPS to see
what had happened.  They informed me 5 minutes ago that the owner decided
ferrets were just "too wild" for him to sell (he was getting complaints from
all over the place), and voluntarily stopped selling them.  Yea!

So thanks to all of you who helped out with your calls and letters.
Perseverance truly does pay off!

Chris (alias "ferret lover" on http:\\www.playsite.com)
Alex (I'll never let go of the toilet paper roll)
Tabby (I'll get on my hind legs any day for a raisin)
.
J. Christen  .  Jenkon International, Inc.  .  http:\\www.jenkon.com  .
360-256-4400x2537