From:
"J. Christen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 14:19:43 -0800
Check the dryer hose, check inside the refrigerator/freezer, check behind
the same, check all drawers, check the laundry basket, check closed boxes,
check the pantry, check full (and closed) garbage bags, check inside
couches, between pillows, between mattresses, check the patio, check the
dishwasher, check the bathroom thoroughly, behind walls, underneath basin,
etc.

PRAY.

One of my ferrets always tries to get out when I leave in the morning.  Now
I just pick him up, go outside, and gently toss him back in before closing
the door.  This way, I KNOW he's inside.  A word of encouragement, my two
little critters got out once, at around 7pm at night, 40 degrees out.  They
were staying in our garage at the time, and the door, unbeknownst to us,
didn't close all the way for some reason.  I thought I was going to die, I
love those little buggers so much.  We lived right next to a creek so I
thought they were gone for good.  I prayed and my husband (who rarely prays)
prayed, and my mom prayed, and guess what?  One of them came strolling
inside at midnight (thank God).  Then I saw the other one across the street
at 3 am in the morning.  I went out to call him (he knows his name), but he
tore off, frightened.  I went to where he last was (very slowly, so as not
to scare him), and dropped Ferratone.  I left a trail of ferratone all the
way from where he was to the garage.  Around 4:30 that morning, I heard
something moving around in a bag near my bed.  It was my sweet little Alex.
But I've had many people (including vets) say it was really a miracle that
they came back.

I'll be praying your little guy finds his way back to you.  And put out some
ferratone.