From:
"Meg Carpenter, Chaotic Ferrets" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 00:52:24 EDT
My post was rejected and I had to cut it down - not sure where I left off
except that I was telling about Tui's move to take over.  He tried,
especially with the kit hobs, but when the going got rough he got going
and would run flat out with whoever on his heels.  The mature boy's mostly
ignored him and went their rounds with Tui attached and dragging along.
Little Baron Johann von Black Heart, very small German hob, who does Not
Know that he is small would attach himself to the back of Tui's neck and
hang on giving him a good shake.  Tui would roll and run and try to knock
him off, but the Baron would just hang in there while I laughed at them.
The Baron would also attach himself to Carbone who mostly ignored the slight
disturbance.  The Baron always came away from the encounters feeling that
he had once again remained top hob.  He is really cute and makes beautiful
babies who are all larger than he is - even the girls, poor dear.

Rowena, a cinnamon girl, fell head over heels for Tui and is still looking
for him.  She taught him and Carbone one of her more dastardly deeds, which
is rolling a big bottle of soda while holding on to the cap which comes
undone and two liters of soda is then deposited in a long trail.  Carbone
and Tui loved this game.  Safeway had the paper towel truck just stop by
here and unload.  Carbone, moving right along, applied this logic to the
Ferretone bottle.  Under the bed, of course.  For two days we had oily
stools and no one understood why they were off ferretone for a while.
Carbone also stole the raisin can and became the first ferret able to pop
the plastic top since Sweet Hart.  I found a new hiding place for the
raisins.  Carbone just picked that big can up by the plastic lip and carried
it around.  Well, enough about all their antics.....let's just say that
every day they were up the challenge of new and fun things to destroy!

Nevertheless, when Bob called, I told him that he would make better time
home if he just headed straight to Mo. and left the boys here for a while.
I told him I would FedEx his kits.  Visiting his way up the coast, he
arrived Sunday.  Now, Bob may tell it differently but what I am going to
tell you is the truth.  He came in most eager to see his boys and started
calling them.  They apparently always come when he calls, and they had been
out and about just before he arrived.  Various and sundry of my guys were
quick to note the visitor......but no Carbone and Tui.  Bob called and we
both looked in all the usual places.  Finally, I found them under the bed
and pulled them out.  Then they were glad to see Bob!

Danee and Pat came over and we visited for a while.  Bob had to get back
on the road because the had more stops and had to be back in Mo.  He was
transporting, in addition to his boys, ferret kits for a friend, and a kit
for himself from me which was planned.  He ended up with two kits from me,
and one from Danee.  So between his boys, new kits and transporting, he
left with eight.

Now, I had a Safeguard show/travel cage ready to go, but with the additions
wanted to send another.  Bob nixed the idea because he had brought a large
carrier.  I continued to add to the collection of things he was to take a
long.  He protested.  Men travel light; women pack for Safari.  Aside from
that, he was up against three mothers.  Finally all was done except
for.....where was Carbone?  We looked and called and finally found a clue
with a bedding pad from under the bureau which I pulled a bit and met
resistance.  The front of the Victorian bureau is such that you can barely
squeeze a flat hand in.  I pulled more on the pad and Bob called.  The pad
started going back under the bureau.  Carbone was pulling it back under.
This tease went on for a bit until I got the Nutri-cal and he was lured out.
Think old Carbone wanted to stay around with all the nubile chicks!  Fickle
Hob.  Am sure Bob has him back under his spell by now!  And we were able to
squeeze Bob into his jaunty red car despite the excess baggage.  It was
really good to see him - hope next time he won't be so pressed for time
and we can have a party.

Bill - Thank you for the nice compliment about the breeding!     Cheers to
all, Meg