From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:15:10 EST
Abingdon, Hagerstown, Rocky's, Barb Clay

I had a number of people writing today to ask what rescue just took
place.  It HAS been confusing.

1.The first I read on the FML of the huge ferret rescue, it appeared to
be named Hagerstown rescue.  This would have been the second one, as
there was a huge rescue called this before this year.

Now it is being called Abingdon Rescue, for whatever reason.  It does not
matter.  It is called Abingdon Rescue.

2. The shelter that rescued the ferrets is called Rocky's Ferret Rescue
and Shelter

I found it by going to www.askjeeves
I typed in Rocky's Shelter and found it .

3. What is the story?

Please go to site and read if you have time.  28 ferrets were going to be
picked up, it was believed, from a former shelter operator who had fallen
on hard times.  Instead, they found 43.

I have read 45.  But this site says 43 ferrets.  I cannot imagine all the
confusion with 28 let alone 40 some ferrets.

4. How could this situation have happened?
You pick it:
Illness, death, injury, loss of job of major bread winner and/or major
care giver.  Multiple Hurricaines a mud slide Loss of the volunteers.
Or maybe a significant number of the 43 ferrets needed medical care.

We all know how expensive one ferrets care is.  Multiply that by 43.
Holy Smokes.

I feel it important to relay this information, though I have no
involvement, because:

The confusion appears to be causing others loss of knowledge...
thereby impeding possible help desperately needed by this shelter.

Location - Mailing Address
Rocky's Ferret Rescue & Shelter
PO Box 4040
Lutherville, Md 21094-4040

Maybe you are ready to adopt and live nearby, or could volunteer.

I did not even know what state the rescue was in either until I looked it
up myself.  And I know from the E-mails I got today that I am not alone.

I hope this helps.

I do not know anybody at this shelter.
But my heart goes out to everybody there.