From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:08:48 EST
Do you ever scream out inside..

I feel so good.  This is a GREAT day.  This is a GREAT animal day?

I do.

Today was one of those days.

How do you define such a day?  I think it is different for everyone, and
differs with the things that occurred, or did not occur that day.

Today....

No one is in that paralyzing gloom, that heavy, still, near death
atmosphere.  There are no sick cages next to my bed.  No one is soon to
pass on.  I cannot tell you how much that makes for a GREAT animal day
for me.

Secondly..Coco the Cannibal did not bite me for the first time I can
recall since I brought her home.  I just scruff and kiss her when she
attacks me and tell her I love her.  Probably the worst thing to do.
But I never wanted her to be afraid of me.

Today for the first time...She mouthed me, scratched me, wrestled my
hand without tearing it open.  ... this was a staggering surprise for
me today.  I am just high as a kite over this.

Thirdly, I did a ferret intervention.  Sometimes...we take in way more
than we can chew off because we truly care about the helpless animals we
come across that are in need.  I was able to dissuade a dear friend from
taking in another animal today.  And she is still speaking to me!

Fourthly, ALL the wild cats I feed on the porch are still alive!!  And
they ALL came out of the strange house I made for them on the porch this
morning.  It has been very cold, and snowy, windy, and icy this winter.
So far, all the ferals are still alive and hungry as always.  I only see
them all once a month or so, as I leave the food out, and then close the
door and get ready for bed.  This time, I put food out this morning...and
they all came stumbling out in the morning!!!!  They never, never, never
did this.  I am so happy they are all alive!!!!  What a wild thrill!

What ferrety/animal occurrences (or non-ocurrences) make you thrilled
silly?...

What makes it so you thank your lucky stars on a given day that you have
these little ones to love?