From:
Isabelle Doiron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:23:20 -0400
Hi,  I had to get mine out there too.

Snoop was actually named by my father.  I was 14 yrs old and saved up money
from my babysitting jobs to get her.  My mother thought that I said parrot,
when I asked if I could get one :-).  Wasn't she surprised when I brought
home this tiny 6 week old bundle of fur.   Within 5 minutes my mother fell
in love, and for the next 6 years would sit at the kitchen table sharing
her toast with jam with her.  It took almost a month before she had her
name.  We had let her roam the living room one afternoon when my dad was
home, and after watching her explore and try to get into everything,  he
said:  "She's an awful Snoop", and it just stuck.  Snoop crossed over at
8.5 years from intestinal cancer and insulinoma, and I still miss her.  I
remember everything about her, but the main thing that sticks out is that
when I would tickle her ribs, she would laugh.  I knew it wasn't a dook, It
was a heh heh heh sound.  It was hilarious.  Nick names:  Snoopy, Puddin,
Mamas girl, girlie.

Oscar is named after Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street.  He is my stolen
ferret.  I found him in a pet store where they were abusing him badly.  So
I walked over, picked him up and walked out with him.  He didn't have a
name for almost 3 months.  I called him Baby, Honey Bear, and all sorts of
other cutesy names.  The I started to notice that if he's sleeping, you DO
NOT wake him up.  He is so grouchy.  He groans and carries on like it's the
end of the world.  So Oscar it was.  Nick names:  Oscar Mayer, Oscar
Cuddlebutt, Baby Boy, Butthead, Pudge.

Miko is named after a (i believe) Nordic word (Can't remember, so correct
me if I'm wrong) Mi'yiiko (It's either Nordic or Ojibwe)  meaning Gift of
Love.  She was given to me by my now ex-boyfriend.  She is the most dainty
of my ferrets.  Tiny (weighs just over a pound), but she's get's this
quizzical look on her face.  One of her lower canines stick out slightly
and when she's standing up in her cage looking at you with her head tilted
and this tooth pushing up one side of her mouth, she has this half smile.
It's sooo funny.  She's a little terror though.  Nick names:  Miko Butt,
Girlie Girl, Skinny Minnie, Jack Flash, Beavis.

Regarding the Beavis and Butthead nicknames: Those came from watching them
play together.  They can sometimes act just like the 2 morons on TV.  It's
quite funny though.

The reason that I'm not totally positive of the origins of Miko's name is
that my ex-boyfriend heard it on TV one night and told me about it.

Isabelle