From:
Isabelle Doiron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:57:08 -0400
I got up yesterday morning and started my routine.  I let Miko and Oscar
out into their play area, and started to clean their cage.  Being half
asleep it took a few minutes to clue in, but there was green poop in the
litter pan.  I thought it was ECE (In 13 years of owning ferrets I have
never had one have this, I hadn't even heard of it until I joined this list
in January 99).  I cleaned up the litter pan and put them in and called the
vet.  I was told to keep an eye on them and if nothing changed by the time
I got home from work to call back.  When I got home I checked, no green
poopies.  I started on my weekly power clean session and was sweeping under
my bed when out came a pair of half eaten green SOCKS!!  She must have
taken them out of the clean laundry basket before I put the laundry away
and I just didn't notice that they were gone.  I called the vet and was
told to watch her for the next couple of days to make sure that she was
eating/playing/potty normally.

RE: colour changes: Oscar's fur hasn't really changed, he just get fluffier
in the fall and loses it in the spring.  Miko changes every fall and
Spring.  This year she turned into an almost all black ferret, with a
diamond shaped white spot on the top of her head.  She still has the mask
and white face, but she's a very different looking ferret.

Isabelle