From:
Rebecca McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 07:53:46 -0500
I just have to pass this along.  I must have missed Bob C.'s post about
using Chinchilla dust instead of sand in a box, but did read it when Todd
had it in his post last week.  Soooo, off to the Dollar General, where I
picked up this really neat, long, clear plastic 'box' with lid.  I cut 4
ferret sized holes in the top and put 6#s of Chincilla dust in it.

The first hysterical thing was Chewie.  Here's the huge, ginger cat, trying
to fit his face down in the holes!  When that didn't work, he put his paw
into the dust and played (this cat also shadow boxes with himself, honest.
We've all watched him do it).

Next, it was upstairs to the tiny terrorists, and I thought Larry & I would
fall on the floor.  Out of the cage they all came, and of course right to
the box.  Scully, Genie, and Kit were first in, and they must all have
inhaled the dust, because I never heard such sneezing.  Then suddenly, this
fine cloud of dust started to rise, and I could see Genie going backwards,
hear Kit digging to beat the band.  Next in was Mookie, and that was even
funnier!  He kept popping his head out of every hole, like he was saying,
"Watch this!"  Calvin, ol' Walrus Butt, was next, and I think they were all
in there at one time.  The cats still haven't figured out why they can't
get in there.  I haven't seen Socks in there yet, but have a feeling Mr.
Dignified goes and plays when nobody's looking.

Debbie--not a strange question.  Dooking is the sound ours make while they
bound around.  For us, its almost like a human's chortle of glee.  They
also do it while they're playing with each other, chasing the cats........

FLO-Ferret Liberation Organization (right?)  The ferrets are much better
at it than Pinky & the Brain, and they all have this worldwide, secret
communication center we humans haven't found yet.  In our house they're
even enlisting the cats.

Rebecca & the other two human slaves
and those that really run the place:
Socks, Kit, Genie, Scully, Calvin, Suzy Derkins, and Mookie
Chewie, Dribble, Sarabi, & Tigger (Ma, I still don't know if I'm a cat or
a ferret!)

=======================
Rebecca McFarlane
Secretary
Basic Medical Sciences
School Veterinary Medicine
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1246
Phone:   765-494-8632
Fax:     765-494-0781
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"