From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:22:21 -0500
Ive come full circle: I started off getting one ferret.  Thought another
would be good company.  Fell deep in love.  Started rescues.  Then neighbor
asked me to save stray cat that was on my porch.  20 degrees below zero,
dark, windy: cat sat on my porch shivering and spasming.  Balled like a
baby as I drove to purchase bedding, bowls, heating pad, cat house and
rugs, etc.  Months later, I had 14 feral cats, eating warm chicken I
personally deboned, fresh water, fish, toys.  Then came saving feral kitten.
Then came the Oppusum stuck in window well, goose with injured foot,
starving deer that were so week they didnt get up when I walked by, joining
shelters, and donating time and money, taking in starving ^6 year old cat,
feeding fish in pond in back until they came to recognize me, helping ducks
hatch eggs by feeding them as they lay on nest,yadda, yadda, yadda.Its what
I do.It has become my life after work.  I donate at least 50 dollars a
month to ferret shelter here, and try to buy as much as I can from Mary{Van
Damn, of FAIR[[my hero]]]

Now I am becoming a vegetarian.  Yuch.  I will not buy another fert unless
it is shelter or rescue.  They have to eat meat, and in reality they are
eating the flesh of other animals with just as much right to live as
us.Meat is a nice word.  We eat flesh.  Buy "Animal Rights" by Amy Achor.
It is winner 1993 Animal Rights Writing Award.Is handbook of issues,
organizations, actions, and resources.  [Im new to this.  There are many
others I have also read, though.]Or dont buy it.But I have come full
circle.  That is where my ferret trail has led me.  Lisette