From:
Elton & Nancy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:04:22 -0500
Hi y'all

At the SHOT (Shooting, hunting outdoor Trade)  Show, I picked up a couple
of mazigines published in England.  They had ferret references:

Shooting times had a picture of Baroness Mallalieu with a cute silver or
cinamon ferret on her shoulder (the picture is B&W)

also:

Someone was asking about the different colors such as "pink" etc, the
writer was wondering if that was the "common ferret" the reply was:
"If you want to get you hear around these different varieties, you may well
become a pet ferret keeper and forget about rabbiting!  ...(continues
talking about different colors)  I do believe that a working ferret can be
a hob or jill, white or polecat, I only insist that they are treated with
tender loving care and I knowthat, if they are, they will respond and work
them selves to a standstill... sudying ferrets ... It will drive you crazy
if you are not careful!!!

(HOW TRUE!!)

In Sporting Gun James McKay has a Nataionl ferret school est in 1992 for
ferreting with hawks ... (THAT SHOULD BE INTERESING) the address is the
School PO BOX 61 Chesterfield, Derbyshire S45 OYU

Some one writes about the color of rabbiting bags ... the reply is rabbits
are color blind ..."Even it this were not the case, the rabbit will be
exiting the borrow in haste with a ferret at its backside and is hardle
likely to object to an "excape route" which is the wrong colour"...

Nan and SuperSnooper