From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:22:14 EST
Recently there have been many requests for information on taking your
ferret overseas on a move or extended visit.  One of the best ways of
getting information is by calling the Embassy of the country in question.
All countries with "normal"relations with the US have embassies in NYC and
Washington, DC, and their numbers are easily located through directory
assistance (212/555/1212 for NYC and 202/555/1212 for DC)  The embassies
can give accurate and detailed information not only on the regulations and
requirements, but also on quarantine facilities if needed.  Often there
will be foreign service officer who specializes in agriculture and animals
located at the embassy.  I know this isn't the detailed first hand
information that people might be looking for, but it is an excellent place
to start.  I would make sure to take detailed notes including date and time
and the name of the person you spoke to (ask them to spell it!) during all
conversations.

-Anne