Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:42:04 -0500
My big handsome DEW Simon died during insulinoma surgery this week.  Simon
was part of a group of 15 ferrets given to Mass.  Ferret Friends this
summer from someone who could no longer take care of them.  Simon was was
white with erratic gray markings, and he was the father of most of the
ferrets in the group.  He was extremely sweet and didn't ask for much.
He had an innocence about him that was so beautiful, and he seemed very
happy with his new life.  He spent Thanksgiving visiting friends in Mass.
and NY and enjoying his turkey dinner.

He joins all the other ferrets who have gone on recently (there seem to be
a lot this week).  I was very touched by Signe Peerson's post about Bumble
and the Newcomer's Group at the Rainbow Bridge.  I have sent this poem to a
number of people when their ferrets died, but this seems like a good time
to share it with everyone.  We wrote this when my dog Max died, and it goes
to everyone who has lost an animal friend recently.

-- Ronnie in Mass.

From a beloved dog...

To my dear friends...
For a short while our paths crossed
and then I had to leave and continue on my way.
And though it appears that I am gone,
my joyous spirit will come to you
whenever you think of me or call my name.
For on the other side
there is no death, only life;
no strangers, only friends;
no cold ground, only the newness of spring;
no time, no space, no separation.
For all that really exists is love
and love is the thread that weaves through our lives
and holds the universe together.

Till we meet again...
Your friend Max

Don't hurry