Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 09:34:57 -0800
>These easily-offended people confuse me; if you have a good shelter, why
>should you take offense when I discuss shelters who aren't as good as they
>can be?

Hello
I took no offense from the origional post, It wasn't until someone changed
their mind about adopting a shelter ferret because of your comments about
the health and temperment of shelter ferrets that I spoke my mind.

Not ALL shelter ferrets are neurotic carriers of disease, some of them are
sure neurotic when they get here.  Now the ideal potential adopter would
understand temperment difficulties in an abandoned ferret, but most people
looking for a shelter ferret are looking for a rehabilitated ferret.  Not a
ferret that still has medical problems, or that bites the second they are
touched.  They want a pet that can be a member of the family.  That means
taking the time to heal emotional and physical problems as well as is
possible BEFORE offering the ferrets for adoption.  We want their new homes
to be permanent not temporary.

                           Mia Emery