From:
Marc & Lorraine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:08:32 -0500
Tryntje Miller wrote:
>I do need some ideas on getting meds into her.  She cannot have
>linatone/ferretone or ensure.  She has insulinoma so that cuts out anything
>with sugar.  I try mixing it in with duck soup and still no go.  We need
>to scruff her and force feed her and this stresses her out so much that
>she sometimes vomits out her meds.

When I have to give a pill by myself to our ferret, I put the pill in
sandwich between two pieces of flattened moist cat food.  The pill (a
quarter of a pill) sometimes fall from its mouth so I might have to do it
again.  We purchase our moist food from a veterinarian.  The brand is
EN-FORMULA Feline Veterinary Diet from Purina but a cheaper moist food
would do the trick.

Lorraine Tremblay & Marc Lavergne
Webmistress of Mustela Canada
Webmestre de Mustela Francia