From:
Joy Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 17:33:34 PST
I am both new as a ferret owner and to the FML list.  I have enjoyed reading
other peoples insight and problems along with being able to learn from them.
I am submiting this in hopes that someone out their will be able to give me
insight along with help me (Lord, knows I need all the help I can get).

I have two ferrets one choc Fem.  Sandy and dark sable Male Scooter.  I have
had Sandy for about 3 months now and Scooter going on my second week.  When
I got Scooter I noticed that he would shake his head and scratch his ears
took him in only to find out he had ear mites.  So, I got them both shots
and now I am waiting for the three weeks to came.

I got Scooter from a shelter and he was in the cage with three other
ferrets, one with an major ear infection and another one with adrenal
problems (he was going to go into surgery soon) and what appears to be a
fine female.  I noticed upon getting him home that especially when I would
first wake him up that he would sneezing and just this past weekend noticed
that he is starting to cough and he does this sometimes at 3 am just
sneezing or cough repeatedly.  I have been under treatment for sinus
infection but I was on the meds before I got him.  My main concern is does
he have a cold and if so is their a home remedy or do I need to take him
back the vet.  Also, when he got his mite shot he also got rabies shot could
he be having a reaction to either of those shots.  I just want him to be
happy and feel good, I don't want to cause him undo distress.  I have also
noticed as of the last two days that he perfers to sleep down stairs rather
than up stairs with Sandy (although they don't get complete along at this
present moment).  They have been doing great sleeping together untill now.

Anybody's input or insight or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Fuzzies kisses to all,

Joy
Sandy (I'm BOSS around here!)
Scooter (Were's the Tube, Were's the Tube???)