From:
Joy Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 13:02:24 PST
OK! Guys,

Here it is.  First of all I have tried everything you have told me.  Putting
their poop in the pan to holding them in the pan untill they go or I just
have to let them be.  Sandy even came with two triangle ones and all she
would do is go between in front or in the other corner but "Never" in the
triangle she would go out of her way not to.  I keep their cage clean
sometimes twice a day on the weekends especially with two of them and
Scooter being the porker he is.  However, I am using the scoopable clumbing
litter which lots have indicated is not good but thats what Sandy came with.
I have seen and been trying to find the little wooden pellets (looks like
food but just larger) but I have been unsuccessfully thus far.  I live in
Dallas, Texas any ideas or places where I can order thru the mail etc any
thing or major pet stores that would have it ie.  petco, pet's smart etc.
Sandy is rather small and I am unable to get a really large litter box
because of that (about the height of the lid of a ream of copy paper would
fit nicely in cage and just high enough for her.  I have seen the wooden
ones but only at other ferret owners houses not in the stores (again where
to look?).  In regards to the shelter he had a wooden box with the pellets
and it covered the entire side of the cage is that what I need as well one
that will go from corner to corner?  As far as secureing the box it is a
metal bottom with vinyl covering (which I added) so the twist ties usually
work well (I use them to hold the door open when I am cleaning).  One person
suggested I get the Depends Bed Pad's (I call them Puppy Pads) or similar
and just let them have at it and change it out rather often.  Thats good but
I need to get them to stop going in all four corners and the other two in my
bedroom.  I have no problem with getting them those but I am afraid that
Scooter will simply try and dig it up or just play with it.  I mean he has
no problem going in front of the food bowl only to lean over it but Sandy
would have to get right in it or on the side to eat.  Is he trying to be
boss or what?

I am aware that he is young, one of the reasons why we got him was cause he
was trained in hopes that he would show her the ropes.  But, it's getting
rather difficult to keep up with them both and try and train them.  It's a
classic example of: "When the adults are AWAY!  the children will PLAY!" and
I do mean play.  We both work day shifts so they don't get alot of time
during the day out but we let them out at night for several hours only to
have Scooter reak havic and try and get thru the barrigade to down stairs
etc.  while Sandy is content to sleep under the bed or something I noticed
last night.  CHEW on the metal railings of the bed what does that mean????

OK, OK I have taken enough of ya'lls time I really appreciate your imput and
insight and at least makes me feel like I am not the only one who reads Dr.
Spook Ferret Books only to find it untrue in my case.

Again, Thanks Ever so Much!

Joy Michael

Sandy (What's a litter box???)
Scooter (HMMMMMM! What to do next??????)