From:
OutlawDook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 14:05:54 EST
Yes, I saw the comercial and yes the camileons (sp) said ferret!  We need to
politely contact Budweiser, tell them we love their commercials and thought
the one about the ferret was cute, but detrimental to the legalization
efforts in California for the domestic pet ferret.  Then ask the to come
aboard and do a commercial with ferrrets and budweiser, like the ant
commercial.  We do need a lighter side to our ferrets, even if it is a
humorous beer commercial.  It may put a delightful face on our fuzzies, plus
world-wide exposure for free.  Maybe they will even do a spot for
legalization in the small print part of the commercial.  Just a thought!

Dayna, Dayna - you were so misinformed.  ROCKY was not, I repeat- was NOT at
the Ferret Freedom Walk.  I just lost all respect for you as a fert person.
To continue to hound Pat on the death of Rocky is senseless.  He was as
responsible as another other ferret parent under pressure of the day.  You
WERE NOT THERE, you have no idea how horroble Pat was feeling, how he begged
for the mercy of Toklar to take the shots and even went as far as offering
him any amount of money.

Past quarantines had always been successful for Pat and the ferret removed
from the state.  The ONLY exception was when he DID hide out a ferret that
bit someone - he went to jail and the Cal. jerks killed the ferret.  Pat
also got fined, community service and hassled to no end by many non-ferret
folks.  He did not go home and go blissfully to sleep.  He agonized over and
over on what he should do.  After lots of thinking and input from others,
since they said they would not kill Rocky if he had his Rabies shot, a shot
they don't recognize anyway.  They flat out lied to Pat, or Pat would have
run for the border.  It is sad day in America when people give up their
fundamental rights to intimidation by their government.  There has never
been a cause without sacrifice or martyrs.  I HATE it because it may mean
the life of a fuzzie, but for the lives of millions, the end will justify
the means.  I do not want any of my kids to be hurt or killed.  But when
asked to participate in a march about my kids, I WILL BE THERE!!  FERRET IN
HAND.  Oh, Dayna stop spreading rumors about names and addresses of ferret
folks being dropped to F&G.  If F&G gets names and Addys, it will come from
someone on this list out of spite.

Now Jeanne, I have the utmost respect for you, but their is no call for
passing judgement on Pat, when your own father, Floyd Carley asks in the FA
newsletter for a test case on a confiscated ferret without a biting incident
attached.  You can't have your cake and eat it TOO!!  Without some kind of
exposure, there will never be a test case.  AND if you have noticed, anytime
their has been a gathering of ferrets and their owners, NOT ONCE has F&G or
A- C tried to intimadate the masses, only the unsuspecting.  Hell they were
ready to jail the people carrying protest signs for illegal gathering
instead of arresting Joe Kouri.  We all have to just pull up our boot
straps, stop criticizing one another for their choices, right or wrong.  WE
can't continue to keep our kids hidden.  They need the exposure.  Nothing
else is working because the legislators are out for their own agendas.
Blackmail being # one.  Patrick Johnston should be run out of office for
dictating policies of what he will do to other legislators if ferrets are
mentioned.  Pete Wilson is history this year.  We need to Campaign and
support a ferret friendly challenger for office.  Get it on paper or on
video, so he can't say he never supported ferrets.

For all the FERRETS who have lost their lives in California should be
incentive to stand up and say NO MORE!!  Hiding our kids will only continue
to say it's ok to kill my ferret if you catch me.  F@#K THAT!  Over my dead
body.  THERE WILL BE A RUBY RIDGE/WACO in California.

Sheba
P.S.  I'm mad as hell over all this unconstructive waste of words.  ACT,
don't Complain.  Like I keep saying PUT UP OR SHUT UP.  S@#T HAPPENS!  No
war is won, by not sending soldiers into combat.  So fight or bury your
heads in the sand and keep your criticism to yourself.  It does nothing to
help any ferret cause.

17 MAD as Hell FLO's with VERY BIG GUNS MOM gave them!!