From:
Glenn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 14:06:03 -0800
FML People,

We see so much about "don't flame" politicians/bureaucrats about ferret
issues.  As someone on the FML said, bureaucrats are fed by politicians
(just as a farmer "slops the hogs") and their attitudes change only if they
cause problems for their masters.

As for politicians, letters or email from out of state (or district) are
never going to be read.  If a letter doesn't start with "I want to
contribute" it's not going to be read, no matter where it's from.

As for name calling, you couldn't think of a filthy name that they haven't
already been called.

So what's left?  Easy...a hate/smear campaign.  Now before you recoil in
righteous horror, think about this.  Ferret lovers are not the only group
that despises certain politicians.  There are hundreds of smoldering fires
in CA and it takes very little effort to turn them into raging infernos.
Politicians that suddenly find themselves fighting brush fires on a dozen
different fronts quickly lose interest in persecuting one group and devote
their energy to self-preservation.  A million plus ferret lover votes might
even start to look good to them.

Wrong?  To each his own, but remember that this type of warfare was created
long, long ago by politicians.  George Bush easily became president as a
result of the most vicious campaign of hate, smear, innuendo, distortion,
half-truths and outright lies ever seen in this country since the sickie
Joe McCarthy era.

Glenn J.
Chuki: next time I get the runs, I'll do a Dick Floyd replica.