From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 19:55:32 -0700
Hi all. I have taken in my first shelter baby.

A friend called me...'the ferret lady' and asked for help in resucing a CA
girl from the elements!  El Nino is coming BEWARE!  I gathered up all my
flea shampoo, q-tips, food and a toy...sped off stoping only to get my
travel cage where it was stored.  Musta been maternal instinct!!!

When I arrived I found a dark sable girl, descented and neutered, of mature
years waiting for me.  Gladly, I discovered that she had not been out long
and was in fairly good shape with just 1 bite wound (small) on her back.

I took her home, groomed her thouroughly and offered her both IAMS cat food
and ferret chow.  We named her 'Rosie", since she was found at an apt.
complex in Fullerton CA named Rose Pointe.  I do not live in Fullerton but
still have friends that reside there.  I offer this information only because
the true owner may be out there, heartbroken, and want her back.

I picked up Rosie on 10/4/97, she is a most precious girl who likes to eat
melon and favors IAMS cat food.  I was going to try to adopt her out but I
am a victim of ferret math once again.  If the true owner cannot be found,
she will stay with me.  As always a ferret person says to themselves...
what's 1 more????!!!!

ALSO, Dr. Bruce are you out there?  I was given a name of a practicing DVM
who was a supporter of the ferret bill in CA.  I thought maybe you were the
same person whom I had seen post here with advice and I had rec'd a
recommendation for you anon.

Best wishes to all fuzzie creatures and their pets

diana + 5