From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 1997 23:25:51 +0100
Okay, Here goes my first post...

I know this ferret, and her name is DOT, and well, she's a carpet shark and
I need help.  The problem?  She likes to use the restroom ANYWHERE but the
pooper that is set out for her, even though the pooper migrates to the
location that DOT should choose to use more prevalently, DOT will move to
another locale and do her deed there.  She's also managed to by-pass ANY AND
ALL ferret-proofing I've done.  [how she got onto my desk and drank half a
glass of gatorade, I'll never know, but she did it]

Second Dilemna, she knows how to pick locks and fight with the dog through
the screen door to the point that they conspire to hang out with each other.
The Story?  Okay, I put her in my bathroom during the day [she's an indoor
ferret and rather enjoys the carpeting and the room to play without fear of
hurting herself] well, she managed to get UNDER the door enough to
squeeeeeze her little tush under completely and made a b-line for the screen
door which she cannot bite through, nor push open [I think] the rest is
history, she managed to tease the dog into pushing on the screen door, and
during the pushing, she climbed up the screen and half way up was enough
space [while the dog pushes] for her to squeeze her tush through that.  [i
came in the room half way through this escapade and let it happen till I saw
her dangling 50% out the door whild the dog was pushing on the screen.

After all this, my question is...
How do I keep this spaz from wrecking my home/office... it seems that any
animal that ever spends time in this particular room is destined to be hyper
and EXTREMELY spirited.  [she was born Aug 18th or so, and today is the 5th
of october, so she's young, but can I expect her to become cuddly in the
future?] I've done a lot of research, but never have I seen any documentation
stating that they 'mellow' with age.

and as we speak, she's decided that the bookshelf is mount everest and she
must climb it because its there.

Good Nite.
[SH]