From:
Chris & Shelley Knudsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 21:44:54 -0800
I just got back from picking up a baby ferret from a pet store this evening
for my shelter.  The pet store called me because they were concerned about
him, and did not think they could help him, and they did not want to put him
to sleep.  He is approximately a 5-6 week old male from Path Valley Farms in
PA.

His problem is he cannot seem to control his head movements.  The pet store
thought he might be blind, which is a possibility, but there seems to be
more to it.  His head wavers all over the place, like it is too heavy for
him.  He cannot walk in a straight line, due to his head rolling around.  It
seems to go to the left most of the time, but not always.  He is so tiny!
He is the smallest ferret I have ever seen, although I have never been
around any breeders, so pet store babies are the youngest I have seen.

I am taking him to the vet tomorrow morning, but I thought I would check
with the fml to see if anyone else had ever encountered this.  In all my
reading I have never come across anything like this.  If anyone has any idea
what this might be, please call or e-mail me.  My phone number is
402-463-0190, or you can e-mail me at [log in to unmask] or LOS [log in to unmask] .
I am really worried about this little guy.  I get dizzy just watching him,
so I can just imagine what he is going through.

Thank you,
Shelley Knudsen
Legion of Superferrets of NE Ferret Shelter

[Moderator's note: That should be [log in to unmask] -- i.e. no space -- unless
you are sending from within AOL.  BIG]