From:
Chris & Shelley Knudsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 22:11:22 -0800
FERRET FUN DAY A SUCCESS!

On Sunday, February 16th, LOS-NE Ferret Shelter and Ferret Fanciers of Omaha
held a ferret fun day at PetsMart.  10 ferrets from the ferret shelter were
taken to be available for adoption.  All 10 ferrets were adopted out to good
homes, bringing the total of adoptable ferrets at the shelter down to 1, and
he was brought into the shelter after the ferret fun day.  Almost $600 was
raised for the shelter from the adoptions of ferrets, and donations for
modern ferret magazines, LOS magazines, ferret faq's, and items made by club
members.  The ferret table was mobbed from the time it was set up at 11am to
the time it closed down at 4pm.  15 new members were signed up for Ferret
Fanciers of Omaha, and numerous people had questions about every aspect of
ferret care.  So many people bought ferret supplies while they were there,
that PetsMart told us any time that we wanted to come back, we were more
than welcome.

HUMANE SOCIETIES NOW RELEASING FERRETS TO SHELTER

The Nebraska Humane Society of Omaha, which previously euthanized any ferret
that was turned into them, has now decided to release all ferrets to LOS-NE
Ferret Shelter.  They received a letter from persons unknown, telling them
about us, that they contacted us asking for our policies and procedures.
After talking to us and reviewing our records, they made the decision that
any unclaimed ferret turned into them would be turned over to the shelter.
The Fremont Humane Society is following suit.  The head of the Fremont
Humane Society just happened to be at the ferret fun day, and after
overhearing us talking about picking up a ferret from the Nebraska Humane
Society, asked about our policies and procedures.  She said they euthanized
6 ferrets last year, and would more than happy to turn over any ferrets to
us in the future.  (She was also thinking about getting a ferret of her
own :> )

Shelley Knudsen - director
Legion of Superferrets of NE Ferret Shelter