From:
"DA Boom Boom Boomer! :)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 21:33:36 -0600
I know that in our store, if we've had a ferret for a while, we'll mark him
down, but we don't take in more if we still have one.  we don't mix
shipments.  sale ferrets sell very well here and rarely do we have any long
enough to mark them down anyway.  as with most animals including reptiles
and birds, the older an animal is the cheaper he is.  (if you've ever
shopped for a reptile, this is ESPECIALLY true.) customers like to bring up
babies more often than not.  a kit runs for 150 here, and usually if we have
ferrets long enough, they go down to 99.

(and yes, if our ferrets turned 4 months old before selling them, WE WOULD
GET THEIR ANNUALS) we wouldn't want a rabies quarantine, now would we?
where i live, if an animal is up to date, they're pretty good about not
giving us trouble if a ferret bites someone and we have current vaccination
records, especially with the amount of high respect our store has in our
community, which we've earned, I might add.  (sorry if i sound like a *****,
but you've read my posts and hopefully you understand my tone)

michelle