From:
"Emily E. Classon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 23:40:23 -0500
Ok, well the story has changed.  I wrote the other night about wanting this
silver mitt kit from a pet store.  Well, my roommate surprised me with him
today.  It was a funny story... I called the store to see if they still had
him.  They said he was on hold for someone else, which I sadly told my
roommate.  I called back and asked how long the ferret was on hold and
wanted to see if they could notify me if it fell through.  Well, my roommate
had him on hold for me.  Isn't that cute?  We went back to the store today
to get another hammock, etc., and they knew about us.  They figured out that
I tried to hold a ferret that I was already getting.  HEHEEHE (laugh)

We thought that Nietra would like to have a playmate.  So we let them out
together (supervised) to see if they'd get along.  Both were dooking,
wardancing, and playing with each other, us, and assorted toys.  It was
really cute to see the little one wardancing--what a sight!  Also, we've
heard Nietra dook before---but not non-stop and this loudly.  I think that
she is glad to have someone else to play with.  We have them in separate
cages until we are sure that they can be housed together.  I'll keep you
posted, if anyone is interested.

So now we have two beautiful silver mitts.  The baby male is so tiny
compared to our small female.  Of course that will change quickly when he'll
be double her size (probably).  The pet store said that this was only the
second silver they had gotten in.

Now we have to name him....

Big smiles and lots of dooks!  -- Emily

Nietra:  "Cool, you brought him home THIS time."
Baby:  "Hey, I have lots more room here, now if I can only get this big =
ferret to stop following me."