From:
"Hosea E. Maggard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 22:24:22 +0000
Hi again,

Just a few comments,

>car goes by - she wants to run and catch it - WHY???

Well here's a thought, our first ferret, Freddie loved rubber, any shape or
form (remotes, balloons, rubber bands and tires).  She would chase the kid's
remote control cars just to get the tires and once she got a hold of them
she would not let go, even if the little car would drag her all over the
house.  My husband always joked that if Freddie got outside, all of our
neighbors would have holes in their tires.  So maybe that is what princess
is after!

>recliner horror story

We have no recliners in our house, nor will we ever have one again as long
as we have pets.  We used to have one and eventhough we tried to be careful
when the animals were around, we did have a little kitten killed that got
under the recliner.  That was absolutely horrible and we got rid of the
recliner.  We are not taken anymore chances.  By the time we got ferrets we
already were a recliner-less household, but I can just imagine the trouble a
ferret can get into with a recliner.  I hope Shaq's leg healed alright.

I also have a BUG story, I don't remember who posted the one about the moth.

One morning when I got up and went into the kitchen, I found that a big
roach that had wandered into our house from a field nearby.  I mean really
big, about two inches long.  They usually don't live in houses.  I
screeched, I don't like bugs either, and stepped on the thing.  At this
point, Lami came running in to check out what was going on.  He walked over
to the roach which was still wiggling, sniffed it a few times and proceeded
to eat it.  After that we would get Lami evertime we found one of these huge
roaches, but he would only eat them if they were alive.  He does not like
little bugs, he wants the big ones.  Of course, after he had eaten the roach
I told all the kids not to let him kiss them on the lips for at least one
day.

These days we just have to use Raid on bugs until California sees it our way
and legalizes ferrets, so we can bring Lami, Sid and Snuggles back home.

I hope with all my heart that Jitterbug will be alright.

Best wishes to all sick ferrets and hopes of recovery.

Ilona, Ferretless in California