From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 14:16:00 PDT
Hi all,

We've been reading the FML for a few weeks now and love all the info and
stories.  My SO and I are newly owned by a 12 week fuzzy (Coco).  We live in
CA, so we're trying to be as well informed about ferret care, the ridiculous
laws here, everything(we want the be the best parents we can be) :).  I have
few ??? and comments.

The DFG makes it sound like our little babies our vicious wild animals that
can cause a threat to our environment.  From the FML I read about ECE,
cancer, intestinal blockage, and various other illnesses, are they (DFG)
aware of the many medical problems ferrets can get?

RE: Food: We feed Coco 8-1.  That's what she was fed at the pet store when
we got her.  Our vet advised us to mix a high quality cat/kitten food with
the 8-1.  Since we live in a FFZ, a good ferret food might not be readily
available to us, and we should get her used to other available food.  Our
vet said he's seen ferrets that were so finicky, they would almost starve
themselves (another thing to point out to the DFG).  Luckily our nearby
Petsmart carries 8-1, so we mix it with Eukanuba.

Obscure Ferret Reference: It's not a reference, but it's ferret related and
it's obscure.  :) Kindergarten Cop movie.  Tough cop Arnold goes to OR with
his fuzzy to catch a bad guy....Tough cop is from Los Angles.(FFZ)

Thanks to the FML for all the valued information!!!!  Hope all the sick
fuzzies get better soon.