From:
Katrina D Ramsell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 18:27:45 -0400
Hi Rochelle!
    If I ever get one that won't eat, I put them on 2/3 A/D Science Diet
food with 1/3 Deliver 2.0.  They usually eat that right up.  Then I start
adding their regular food (crushed up) to the mixture to get them used to
the taste again.  Then I take out the Deliver 2.0 and just give them A/D and
crushed food about 1/2 and 1/2 with a little warm water (they don't like it
too thick).  I've always had problems getting them back on dry food alone
after they've been on this, but since 1/2 of it is their crushed food I'm
not too worried.
    It sounds like Fezzik may have a more serious problem.  I don't know.
In the past, I have had several ferrets quit eating when they got cancer.
But, they were about 6 yrs old.  Fezzik seems a little young for cancer.
(But it has been known to occur at that age, even though it is usually seen
in older animals).  I'd try the above mixture.  I know that sometimes if I
don't eat for awhile, I kind of lose my appetite and don't feel like eating.
Maybe Fezzik's stomach has shrank and doesn't feel like eating much.  Good
luck!

Katrina Ramsell