From:
Katrina D Ramsell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 1995 10:38:14 -0400
Hi!
 This BFF situation is becoming quite frustrating. There was an anon poster who
said they belonged to an organization that receives reports and funds the BFF
project. According to THIS person the BFFs are not tame and are releasable. I
talked to Carolyn Kinsey last night - the one who has worked with the BFFs
14-16 hours a day 7 days a week for the last 4 years. SHE says the old BFFs ARE
tame, that you can pick them up, etc. Many are in very poor health, have broken
teeth, have parasitic diseases (that Carolyn is now NOT allowed to treat!),
etc. She said it would be like releasing your family pet in the coyote infested
area. The people in power are obviously thinking only about $ and don't care
(or aren't thinking) about how cruel it would be to release these particular
BFFs. These BFFs have undergone great stresses and their whole lives have been
used to create more BFFs to repopulate the BFFs (that we've destroyed) in order
to save the endangered species and make OUR world a better place. I really
think we owe it to these BFFs, who have done so much for us, to allow them to
live out their lives in peace or at least live it out the way they've been used
to living it the last several years. I don't have all the facts, but the
principal issue at hand seems clear. If everyone on the FML would call and have
10 friends call (11,000 calls) we'd at least make them think!   K. Ramsell

10 friends make a call (11,000 calls) we'd make them at least think!  K.Ramsell