From:
"Kurt D. Springs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 1995 22:09:01 -0400
I brought my female ferret, Mhaire, to the vet today because she lost some
fur on her tail.  There were some black spots on her tail as well.

The vet told me that the black spots were black-heads, ie zits.  He told me
this could simply be acne, or it could also be an adrenal tumor.  Since she
is still alert, active, and has a good appetite, we decided to put her on
some acne medication (OxyDex gel) and see what happens in six weeks.

I was wondering what the chances are of this being a tumor rather than simple
acme, or if they're are any other possablities.  How common is acne in
ferrets?

Thanks in advance for any advice or information you can give.