From:
Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 13:49:57 CST
Dr. Williams seems swamped and Dr. Weiss may still be having AOL troubles, so
I thought I'd field this one.  Sorry to everyone else with medical questions -
- they're more complex and I'd rather leave them to the doctors.

John, while ferrets (or any animal) *can* drool as a sign of mouth pain or
also nausea, your little one sure doesn't sound sick.  If you looked and saw
nothing, then she probably just lost a little bit of control of her
swallowing reflex from being so relaxed (ever fall asleep with your head on
the desk in school? -- same idea ;) ).  Teeth can bleed but don't tend to
discharge, and if the tooth was sick enough to cause the gums around it to
discharge, you would be able to tell by looking -- there'd be discoloration
of the tooth and/or gums and probably swelling of the gums.  So not to worry -
- your baby was just being relaxed and happy!

Laura

Laura L'Heureux Kupkee
U. of Illinois Vet Med Class of `96