From:
kristen herzog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 17:35:18 EST
Hello all!
        I am soooo furious about a conversation I had with an Animal
Shelter a few minutes ago!!!  As some of you might know, I have been
planning on adopting a third ferret.  I've been hoping to adopt an
abondoned ferret, so I have been calling local animal shelters, vets,
asn animal associations for ideas.  Today I had a minor run in with
the Saratoga Aminal Welfare League.
        I called and left a message on their machine stating that I
was interested in any information they might have on adopting an
aboandoned ferret.  Within a few hours, a woman had left a message on
my machine.  (The furries and I went for a walk!)
        The woman stated "We don't think ferrets make good pets.  Yes,
they sell them in pet stores, but they aren't good pets.  You should
really ask your local vet before you start thinking about adopting
one.  We do NOT care for ferrets here..."
        Needless to say, I was HOPPING mad!  The nerve!  Does she know
anything about ferrets?  Was she speaking from a knowledgeable view
point?  Probably not.  Was she rude on the phone with me when I called
back?  Was she most likely ill-informed on ferrets?  YES!  She was
exceedingly rude to me over the phone, giving me an attitude before I
even stated that I was a proud owner of two loveable ferrets.
        I defintely plan on writing a letter of somplaint to the
shelter, as well as sending them a packet of information and offering
to bring my two in to visit.  They are an ANIMAL welfare league, and
should be open to helping all kimds of animals in trouble.  You'd
think they'd be at least a little informed!  I'd really love for any
of y'all here on the FML, especially if you live in NY, to drop me a
line for the shelter's address and the woman's name.  I'd really be
grateful if she (and the shelter) could get more information, seeing
that they are totally ignorant at the present time....
        Thanks for listening to me rant and rave...
                -Kristen, Nesta, and Roo - all offended.  :)
Kristen Herzog
These are my opinions. Promise.

End of network mail