From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 1994 09:15:39 -0400
Excerpts from mail: 27-Sep-94 Ferret List Issue 963 by Ferret Mailing
List@ferr
> Do you think that the best thing would be to take the stapled fabric off
> the bottom?  Leave it on?  How do we get her out if we leave it on and
> she sneaks in the couch?

My ferrets not only got down in the couch and discovered the fabric on
the bottom comes off, they ripped a huge hole in it and stuffed my couch
full of junk! We finally took off the fabric on the bottom, but between
their digging and hiding stuff, we ended up getting rid of the couch and
buying a futon. (the couch was dead anyway) Now the upholstered chair is
the repository of neat stuff. *sigh* I have never been able to dissuade
a ferret from scratching at something they thought was fascinating. At
least my ferrets didn't try to eat the couch foam.

They seemed fascinated by my reaction when they scratched the inside of
the couch. I'd yell "Stop that!" (Barb whacks the couch in the
approximate location of said ferret) Ferret moves a little and scraches
again. Repeat above procedure forever. *sigh* :)

I hope someone comes up with a better idea than replacing the couch. :)

--Barb--