From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 1994 10:38:00 -0400
-Death Notice-

I'm sorry to say that my ferret, Keesa, the one I wrote about in my
ferret filk, died Sunday night. She had never quite recovered from her
accident last year (when a 60 pound weight was dropped on her, crushing
her chest), and she apparently caught a cold when I bathed her Saturday.
I keep telling myself I didn't kill her, but if I hadn't bathed her,
she'd probably still be alive. She was fine Saturday night, but by
Sunday morning she was unconscious and almost room-temperature. She died
very shortly afterwards. I had previously decided that if something
should happen to her, to let her go. Her quality of life was not as good
as it had been, and she was not playing like she used to.

She was a fiesty and fun ferret, and I had many good hours with her. I
got my last kisses Saturday (my other ferret doesn't kiss). I'll miss
her, and my other ferret, Skittles, misses her already. I'll be looking
for a mellow ferret to keep Skits company, so if you have any leads, let
me know.

Thanks for listening.

--Barb--