From:
colm tracy ilene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 1994 09:03:54 -0500
Quick question. Has anyone ever had or known of someone who had rodents
as playmates for a ferret? In particular I'm thinking a rat, or rabbit,
or guinea pig. Are ferrets and rats natural enemies? I have a hard time
seeing Alex dislike anyone, but would the rat lash out from instinctual
terror? How about a rabbit (smaller breed)? I know that rabbits can be
litter box trained but would a rabbit enjoy playing like ferrets. I used
to have a guinea pig and I know they like to play, but I'm not sure you
can litter box train them. The reason I ask is that I want to get another
ferret, but (sigh) I can't afford it. I know that Alex would be so much
happier with a playmate. Any suggestions? Bye
Tracy, Matt, and Alex