From:
Katherine Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 1994 07:25:58 EDT
Steve and Patty who are moving to California:

Ferrets are currently ILLEGAL in California.  It is the most notorious of
all FFZ's (Ferret Free Zones)!  If you can avoid this move, by all means,
do so!  Your ferrets could be confiscated at the border.  For more
information, contact the California Domestic Ferret Association (CDFA) or
Ferrets Anonymous -- the addresses can be found in the STAR*Ferret
database, which can be obtained by sending an email message to
[log in to unmask] with the single message line GET FERRET DATABASE

I don't have the addresses at hand or I'd send them direct, but I wanted
to get this message to you ASAP.  California is NOT a ferret-friendly state!

Katie Fritz
CompuServe Small Mammals Section (S11) Co-Leader, Pets/Animals Forum
Internet: [log in to unmask]   CompuServe: 71257,3153