From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2012 00:33:21 -0500
First of all, ferrets are illegal to own in California so finding a
place that will allow them (ie apartments) will be all but impossible,
unless it is in a private home. You would have to keep them inside all
the time and not take any chances with them ever scratching or biting
anyone who might turn around and report you. Second, if you love your
ferrets that much, you don't want to risk having them confiscated and
taken out of state to who knows where/who.

The only way you can bring them into California would be to drive them
in, since no airline will allow them being flown in. That would be a
long, expensive drive to and fro, not to mention possibly having them
confiscated at the state line when coming into California. You might
want to reconsider your decision to move to California or reconsider
leaving them behind with a trusted friend. When I moved out to San
Diego from Minnesota two years ago, I left my last ferret behind with
a good friend who had other ferrets. I wasn't willing to take any
chances with bringing him out here. After two years, I really miss
having ferrets and am moving back to MN so I can have them again. I
owned ferrets for 18 years and just can't live without them, I guess!
I dream about them almost every night! Make the best decision for your
ferrets well-being and safety.

Barb

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains
unawakened." Anatole France