From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2012 00:49:44 -0500
I just got a copy of the SD Reader and saw the cover, which I thought
was very misleading. It shows a ferret with it's mouth open showing
it's teeth and licking it's chops right in front of it's owners face.
I know the ferret is about to give a kiss, but others may think it is
about to bite him. Then the headline says "Ferrets eat babies. They
shred human tissue. They drink blood." If someone didn't bother to
read the article, they might think those things are true, instead of
myths. The article itself isn't too bad but I wish I could have been
interviewed for it. I would have loved to tell them what life with
ferrets is really like and how rediculous the laws are out here. They
say that ferrets are non-native animals. It seems to me that cats and
dogs are non-native too, and cats can (and do) do a lot more damage to
wildlife than a ferret could. I used to live in Minnesota and had 6
ferrets over 18 years. Now I live in San Diego with no ferrets because
of the laws here. I am considering moving out of state so I can have
ferrets again. I really miss them. Hopefully, people will actually take
time to read the article and learn something, instead of just reading
the headlines and believing the myths about ferrets.

Barb

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains
unawakened." Anatole France