From:
Pie O' Pah At the Bridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:00:00 -0400
[Sarah A.]

Dear Mom,

It's me Simi, Pie did a greeting for me a few nights ago, and I hope
it makes it in this special Greeter FML. He has been working up to the
last minute to get these greetings done for all of those wonderful
fuzzit mommy's and daddy's, who need to know that their fur kids are
doing just fine. I asked if I could help him out and write to you about
Atrus myself.

And before you ask, YES, I made certain that Bob, Jasmine, Pendelton
and Gizmo came along with me. We all have been burning the midnight oil
trying to get all of these greetings out, and as tiring as it has been,
it's also been rewarding helping Pie out. I was looking for Atrus's
scroll when I heard someone tell me they had it in hand. When I turned
around I saw this handsome, dark-eyed, white ferret. You could see it
in his eyes that he was full of depth and kindness, and that he was -
in truth - flirting with me. I blushed, and he introduced himself as
Tisha. I found out later that his mommy always called him her
"Gentleman", because he was so sweet, and if you can believe this ...
polite too! A polite ferret?

We read the scroll together and Tisha asked if he come with me to find
Atrus. Tisha said he wasn't born deaf, but he has a crimp in his tail
very much like Atrus. And those kind of thing make for good for ice
breakers when meeting new ferrets. He also told me that when he
arrived, he had found his tail fixed, but in truth he liked it just the
way it had been, because it was one of the things my mum loved about
him because she would kiss that little crimp and say it was part of his
character.

We went to go outside, and waded our way through dozens and dozens of
ferrets, and just when we thought we were going to be overwhelmed by
fuzz, we found Atrus. He had arrived in the midst of all of this, and
he looked great! His tail was straighten out, he could see very well,
and he could hear even better. He ran straight to me and hugged me
tightly. He told me he was waiting to see how your non-furry son was
doing before making his way to the Bridge, but now that Ed had arrived,
he needed to move on, so we could know he was fine as well. We all are,
and we miss all of you dearly.

With as much love as we can send, and furry kisses too!

Simi, Atrus, Pendelton, Gizmo, Bob, & Jasmine