Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 14:18:45 EDT
Upon returning to the FML after years of absence mostly because of
health issues, it was with no intent to pick up any battle standard.
With my population under 10 ferrets and almost all old-timers, I
thought to buy a few good kits and get in touch with the ferret world
again. To this end, I had already decided to sell some of my jewelry on
eBay. Both to finance increased medical care for my little old ladies
and extra for kit money. I manage on a small disability pension. And
just the cost of keeping the crew in raw prey diet, cooked turkey,
chicken, etc., Wysong canned, Evo & Totally Ferret, and 3-5 jars of
chicken or turkey baby food a day .... at 99 cents a pop, well, you do
the math.

Right off the bat, I was dismayed to learn Bob was about to undertake
his world study, of many years in planning, with virtually no to very
little financial support. That he had to ask for help made me cry.....
tears of shame for all. Bob has been a friend for, I don't know, 15 or
20 years. He has been a friend indeed to all here. And in all of this
time, I have never seen or heard him ask for anything. That he had to
plea for our financial support....well. Rather, he gives. And gives to
everyone. And he has dedicated his life to ferrets in so many ways it
simply boggles my mind to think of all his work.

He has persevered thru years of crippling pain and illness by
autoimmune diseases. Only someone who has suffered the blast of
autoimmune disease(s) can know how hard it is for him. How much pain
and fatigue and malaise he suffers. I know, because I have severe
rheumatoid arthritis, prednisone & autoimmune induced diabetes,
Fibromyalgia, Grave's Disease, Autoimmune liver failure and a few more.
He has incredible will and strength of mind to fight all of this and
embark on a journey of study and collection of DNA that will help all
of our ferrets in the future.

In fact, in my opinion, he has contributed as much or more than anyone
else in the world of ferrets. His critically important work now will
impact our beloved ferrets in so many ways. Have you not grasped this?
If Bob was not doing this work and study, who would? How many more
years would we read of the suffering of ferrets who will doubtless
benefit from this work?

And his crime which drew sarcasm and implied criticism from Kevin? That
Bob is also enjoying himself? Shame. How much have you contributed
Kevin? And the attack on Lori who has apparently suffered financial
problems in the past? What business is it of any of us how she managed
to join the work in Australia? I know nothing of her problems and
please do not enlighten me. I don't know Lori but I am happy for her.

When I learned of Bob's need for financial support, my plans to raise
a bit of money for increased vet bills and acquiring some kits changed
and broadened. I decided to help Bob as much as I am able. So, no more
kits for now. Still in for medical bills and money to help Bob. I will
continue to sell my jewelry and send Bob money as often as I can
throughout his entire trip. I am glad to have it to sell. I have
always loved ferrets and jewelry and then one day, well, it all came
together....

He still needs more financial support. So, if you have not donated yet,
please do so. It is so important. If you need information on how to
send a contribution, please contact me or Bob or anyone else here who
has donated.

And Kevin, kindly put a lid on it!

Cheers, Meg
Chaotic Ferrets
"If you are not part of the solution, you might be part of the
problem."