From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:33:16 -0400
I have taken any number of ferrets from the wildlife facilities that I
volunteer with. I've never had a problem with ANY diseases from there.
Years ago, I took one pair that was later determined to have brought
ECE into my home. Of course, that wasn't something they picked up at
the facility.

I did decide long ago not to rehab, or allow, raccoons in my home
because they can be canine (and feline) distemper carriers, and it has
also been speculated that they can carry a strain of mink ADV. I have
had all other sorts of wildlife in my home over the years with no
problems.

When I actually went into the facility on a regular basis, when I got
home I would strip down in the garage and immediately shower before
touching any of the ferrets or other pets.

Katharine