From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2008 07:02:06 -0400
I would highly recommend NOT using Advantix at all!! Bayer took
Advantage, a safe product, added permethrin to it and ended up with a
toxic product, AdvanTIX. Many vets will not even carry this product
because of its toxicity. This includes ALL animals, not just ferrets. I
learned this when I started having some tick problems with my doggies.
I was quickly warned away from Advantix. I switched from AdvanTAGE to
Frontline Plus.

There are better, and safer, products out there. Use Advantage,
Frontline Plus, Revolution, etc. Fortunately, I've never had to treat
my ferrets for any pests on an on-going basis. When I get a new one
in with fleas or mites, I use Revolution, two doses three weeks apart.
If you use a full dose of Revolution CAT, it will also provide HW
prevention. Also, don't overtreat your pets. If they only have fleas,
then only use a flea preventive, such as Advantage. If they don't need
a bunch of other chemicals, why use them.

Katharine