From:
April Vannatta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:28:03 -0500
http://www.ferretvillage.org/viewtopic.php?p=149063#149063

"I live in CA, my ferret was kidnapped and is now at a shelter. They
will not give him back. As a ferret owner I have the right to have him
shipped out of state right? I've talked to the shelter and he's being
taken care of, but what do I do now? I'd like to have him shipped to NV
to a friend. Has anyone gone through this? Any help or advice would be
appreciated. I'm willing to walk to the ends of the world for my fuzzy.
(even pay shipping costs and potentially a $1000 fine for having him).
I'm going to be an advocate for ferret legalization because I have seen
how unfair it is. At the shelter, they are treating him like a wild
animal...ie: no handling, no love, no sweet pets on the head. I can't
stand it, my precious boy is probably scared.

Even rants of how unfair the ferret laws are would be okay... [image:
Wink]I'm very upset with the whole system.
-Tanya"

If anyone can think of any advice or way to help this person that would
be awesome. Sounds like this ferret is in a lot of trouble...I am
afraid he may be euthanized.

Someone on another board mentioned that CA people should be very, VERY
cautious about helping in this situation as you may also be identified
as a ferret owner and your ferrets could be seized. If there is anyone
out of CA but still able to be of help that would probably be best.

I know next to nothing about having ferrets in CA, but have given what
info I can, and I hope others will be able to offer further help to
save this poor ferret.