From:
Jodi Semlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:06:43 +0000
My two furries (both 7 to 8 months) are chewing their bedding - or
rather have started to EAT their bedding. This has been ongoing for the
past few months. I would catch them chewing and try to divert their
attention to a ferret chew (which in itself does not last long...)
Well - while changing bedding last night - I was shocked that they had
EATEN a fairly large portion of their hanging hammock (about a 5" x 5"
area!! - and only the cotton - not batting) Both are acting healthy and
normal right now - but I am seriously concerned about blockage - SO -
besides the necessary vet appointment - what can I put in their cage
for them to sleep on?? I don't want them to have a lot of access to
fabric. Can I break them of the chewing habit?? Are they just
teething???

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Jodi

PS - thanks to everyone who gave me feeding advice on Suzi - the kitty
a/d worked fabulously.