Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:28:13 -0800
Well, I believe 2 is pretty young for adrenal disease - mine ended up
getting signs of adrenal at around 4 to 5. But, I am not an expert on
adrenal.

What I do know is that a heavily adrenal ferret of mine, Mr. Peepers,
who was 5 when surrendered to me and 7 when he passed (as I found on
paperwork of his - he certainly did not look 7!), he used to earsuck
on his mate SOOOO much that I would have to separate them. Her ear was
red, raw, and sometimes he'd make it bleed.

What you have, with such a young one, (is his age confirmed with
paperwork), might be just a ferret with a quirk. I have one here who
likes to lick and latch on to arms, and another who likes to lick
himself too much LOL.... if there is no irritation to the ear, I
would not worry too much and he might outgrow it.

I hope someone else can give you a good answer on how to stop the
ear-sucking. I would be afraid to try any "icky" substances for fear
the ferret would rub it into their eyes when waking up (mine like to
rub their arms over their whole head in a downward motion).

Laryssa