Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 21:12:22 -0500
I want to thank everyone who emailed me about the metronidazole
problem. I referred the Biaxin solution to my vet and Fosta has been
on Amox, Biaxin and Carafte. Still the stuff tastes like, well-crap. I
had the Biaxin compounded to Tutti Frutti, ah still crap. So here is
the solution. I use a tiny little container like the sip cups that come
with Nytol or something like that. In goes the Amoxi & Biaxin, now here
is the secret. I add a few drops of heavy cream and some tapioca
pudding.

Yes Tapioca- I draw it up in the syringe about .50cc being careful not
to get those beady things. I mix everything together and he cannot get
to it fast enough. I mean he goes out of his mind trying to eat it. I
have never seen a ferret want to take his meds to well.

Now I know I am probably going to hear from someone saying the sugar
might be to high. Maybe it is. But more importantly he is not stressing
taking his meds for a week or two. I guess you have to weight it out.
Fosta boy is happy and that makes Momma happy

Dooks
Lisa