From:
Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2007 14:53:43 -0400
The liberation of the ferrets is an ongoing process from what I've seen
first hand and yes, it is wonderful that we all are able to put aside
our petty differences and pull together for the benefit of the ferrets.
After all, that is what we are doing this for... not for fame (or
flame), glory & notoriety; it's for the ferrets welfare & only that.

As for the HSUS helping out at Rocky's; oh do we wish that was true!
While there may have been correspondences between Barb & the HSUS (as
Lisette mentioned she herself has also been trying as of late) for the
past several months prior to the largest portion of the release of
these precious fur kids, there has not been any support. As a matter
of fact I believe the HSUS dropped the ball as soon as the Mike Vic
dog fighting thing hit the wind, saying that the case involving him
was much more noteworthy. Since then the HSUS had not been returning
her pleas for assistance so the statement "Apparently, Ann from HSUS
actually IS helping one of the people that has taken in ferrets...Barb
Clay. For some reason, I got a message from Ann. She is trying to get
hold of Barb Clay again" ... is kinda misleading. Don't you think that
if it were factual she would have the proper contact information for
her? After all, Barb hasn't gone anywhere & her phone number is still
the same.

As for the statement/question posed; "So please pass on this info to
her...anyone out there who knows her. And let us know, when you can,
IF the HSUS actually DID help Barb and the ferrets. If they did not
help out with this...I would never bother to donate to them again."
What/where/how others feel they wish to send their donations, that is
a personal decision. For myself, I will always send my donations to
the S.O.S. and allow them to divvy up the funds as needed.

Respectfully,
Debbie Saunders

Shelter Director & Foster Mom
Big Lick Ferret Shelter & Hospice
Roanoke, VA
www.biglickferretshelter.org

It's amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the
credit!