From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:09:28 EDT
A favorite past time of mine is to ponder over human and animal social
behaviors.  Recently, I've been sitting back and soaking in the wonder
of the generosity and love that I see among ferret people and the
understanding attitudes of animal people when compared to the rest of
the population.  Criminy!  I almost sound the The Crandall!  Okay,
translation ... Why are animal people so wonderful and why do ferret
people rock?!

I'd love to know if animal people and ferret people are born or created.
How many animal people had little or no exposure to animals then
eventually became the animal people that they are today?  More
specifically, have ferret people always been exposed to pets from the
beginning?  If so, how many of those were only with only a minimal
number of cats or dogs and how many had close exposure to a more varied
sample of animals?

Curiously...
- how many of you, had no close pets as children, but later in life
 became animal and ferret people?

- how many of you, had a couple of standard pets such as dogs or cats as
 children?

- how many of you had close contact with more unusual species of animals
 as children?

So are our today's lifestyle choices groomed into us, or have any of you
had sudden enlightenments later in life?  Those are my questions.